[TowerTalk] Spam and bombers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Spam and bombers
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:25:01 EST
Greetings, fellow TowerTalkians --

     The spamming of the reflector in the last week or two has been highly
annoying for everyone. I was told a month or so ago that the list was
restricted to posts by subscribers only so I was at a loss at what else to do.
It turns out that it was not restricted but it is now. Thanks to AD1C for
making the change. This should put an end to advertisements and spamming.

    I had thought about going to a moderated list in order to corral the
problem but the overwhelming response from you was NO. Apparently everyone
knows how to hit the delete key and can distinguish between the background
noise and real TowerTalk posts. I'm glad I didn't have to resort to it. Thanks
to everyone for their comments and support of TowerTalk.

     Seasons Greetings to you and your family.

73,  Steve   K7LXC
TowerTalk administrator