[TowerTalk] Element to Boom Clamp Ideas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Element to Boom Clamp Ideas
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 08:39:49 -0500 (EST)
I bought a bunch of antennas from WX4G this summer and I'm just now
getting around to looking at some of the stuff.  One of his antennas was
a 20M yagi with some element to boom clamps that were home brewed.  These
clamps work great and anyone can make them.

They are made from aluminum L shaped stock.  On the horizontal part of
the stock, he drilled the holes for the 3" U-bolts and saddles to
attach.  On the vertical section, he cut a notch about 1/4" from the
bottom.  He put two hose clamps through the notch on each side of the L
shaped stock.  The hose clamps hold the element.  I thought this was a
pretty good idea.

I've also been buying a lot of parts from Harbach Electronics (407)
723-7145 recently.  Allen is great.  He has all kinds of stainless
U-bolts and clamps for building antennas and even more amazing... He
ships stuff when he says he is going to ship it.  Wow, such a deal.  He
also has boom to mast plates.  I suggest dropping him a line requesting a
catalog.

73

Bill, W4AN