[TowerTalk] Radial evaluation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radial evaluation
From: wa3afs@soli.inav.net (Bruce Goldstein)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 17:00:54 +0000
My rule of thumb for radials is to keep measuring the SWR and compare
between days when the ground is dry and when the ground is wet.  Once
the readings are the same, I quit adding radials.  (By the way, the
larger the wire diameter, the quicker I reach to point of stopping).   Not very
scientific, but the coaxial inverted Vs sure work well.  (Thank
goodness I do not live in a desert where I suspect one would have to
use some sort of welded chicken wire!

Bruce, WA3AFS