[TowerTalk] de-rating tower wind loading limits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] de-rating tower wind loading limits
From: wb4mnf@atl.org (Bob Duckworth)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:35:10 -0000
| Second, the tower itself has windload.  Just for discussion purposes,
let's
| assume the tower equals 20 square feet of load by itself.  I have never
seen
| a crankup tower manufacturer ever mention this point.

Tri-Ex provides this if requested. It's part of their drawings and
calculations
package. I don't recommend purchasing a tower without obtaining the permit
to put it up first!

FWIW it cost me $200 to have an local PE review my tower and put his stamp
on the manufacturers drawings and calculations. Interestingly he found an
error
in the manufacturers calculations. Tower a tad stronger than thought :-)

-bob