[TowerTalk] How much crete?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How much crete?
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 04:59:09 +0000
Well In an effort to help a very good friend of mine, I have a question.
Allthough I am not armed with all of the information I have a little, which
might just be enough.

How much concrete do I need to hold up a 54 foot tower, in other word how
much digging needs to be done. How big does the stinkin hhole need to be?

A little information is as follows. It is a 54 foot tower, that is
motorized, or was at one time, motor is now off of it. So under my
assumptions, being motorized it is meant to be a free standing crank-up.
His other plan is to anchor it about 12 feet up to the side of the house as
his current one is. How much stress, or whatever, does that reliev from the
pad it will stand on.

I hope I have made myself a little clearer than the mud outside.

Mike...NO6X

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x