[TowerTalk] Rotor Connector

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Connector
From: k4oj@ij.net (k4oj)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:46:00 -0500
We use CATSes rotors at W1CW/W1YL/K4OJ - with the quick Saturday Night
Fever "Disco" plug at our station....I like them a lot....

Why?

Beacause, we have had an extra rotator....always available in case one of
the rotors goes bad....it is possible to swap out a rotor quickly, with the
quick Disco feature the electrical connection aspect of a changeout is
merely a twist of the wrist...leaving only the bolts to fuss with....it
sure beats the hell out of the old fashioned terminal strip - which is NOT
an option here in Floirda...Rustus Maximus!!!!!!

Keep an eye peeled for a same same rotor at a flea market, carry a length
of 8 conductor cable with you to the flea market, stripped and ready to
go....as well as a flat bit screwdriver.....this way you can ask the guy if
it is ok to check out the rotor....is he going to say no?

If you find a good deal, then send the rotor up to the Rotor Doctor at CATS
and have him do a tune up on it, iuncluding installation of the disco
connector...

Put the rotor on the shelf and fear not the malfunctioning rotor on the day
before the contest!.........unless you get flooded and your cable develops
shorts...........which is what W1CW is working on this week.

There is comfort in knowing you always have a backup QRV!

73 - see you in the FQP

de

Jim White, K4OJ
k4oj@ij.net
a proud member of THE Florida Contest Group
...visit our website @
http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

What's an FQP?
Check out the new Florida QSO Party @