[TowerTalk] Rotor Connector

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor Connector
From: wf3h@enter.net (bob puharic)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:32:22 +0000

Dale L. Martin wrote:

> I have in my hands a package from C.A.T.S.   It is the "quik connect".
>
> At some point in the past, I decided it would be beneficial to put a
> connector on.
> My rotor just returned from Telex and looks brand new--from the looks
> and length of the  parts replacement list, it is.
>
> Before I put it up on the tower this weekend (or later this week if I
> can't stand it anymore), what's the consensus of the group about
> installing the connector?  Yea or Nay?

NAY NAY NAY....

consider: why put it on?

i have one...it sucks. really, it sucks. it locks up all the time, and as
one guy here said, you gotta go jiggle it. 1 or 2 or 3 trips to the top of
the tower in january will convince you that it aint worth it.

and consider: whats the benefit? how often you gonna replace the rotator?

this connector is a BIG mistake.