[TowerTalk] Hy Gain Balun Substitute (fwd)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy Gain Balun Substitute (fwd)
From: aa6eg@cv.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:35:51 -0800 (PST)
Hi Ed, and all...
I will check the docs on the LP, but am quite sure they specified a 1:1
Balun, and even think I saw a BN 86 memtioned.  The parallel transmission
line running the length of the boom, as I recall,  was two rather fat
aluminum tubes, probably 1/2" dia each, and only spaced about 1.5" center
to center, so using the impedance formula, the impedance could be
estimated.  Compared proportionally to 450 ohm  ladder line, my guess is
the impedance is quite low...possibly close to 50 ohms...but I will check
the docs.....
tnx, de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ
aa6eg@tmx.com