[TowerTalk] New life for a Mosely?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New life for a Mosely?
From: mwdink@eskimo.com (Michael Dinkelman)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 08:52:20 -0800
I DO NOT want to start the Mosley debate again. This is a different
idea. (After all this is TowerTalk and we should come up with something
new to chew over once in a while.)

I have a Mosely Pro57 on the ground. It's beeen there for years in
anticipation of the future. Some NICE aluminum and hefty too!

As I'm into building antennas (lotsa Quads but only one small yagi so
far) I was wondering if it could put to good use. While, I'm sure I
could sell this antenna, I was looking at maybe using that all that nice
hardware and aluminum for some neat homebrew project. (It's hard to
buy that kind of stock.)

Has anybody ever looked to remodeling what is available there into
a better configuration or a totally different antenna using today computer
programs? Maybe it would make a neat interlaced 20M/15M? I doubt that the
traps could be reused but I am looking more towards monoband elements anyway.

Food for thought or crazy idea?
dink

Ooops! one last question. If one were to purchase a Yagi modeling program for
this type of project - which is the best? Or would it be better to just get
a general type program useful for all kinds of antennas? Tnx
Michael Dinkelman, N7WA
Kent, WA
mwdink@eskimo.com