[TowerTalk] Low tower and beam summary

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Low tower and beam summary
From: kk7gw@hotmail.com (David Jones)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 06:43:04 PST
Yikes, I didn't quite expect 35 messages on this.  Thanks to everyone
who replied.  The general consensus was that I could do a tower and
tribander for $1300, but I should probably forget a 40 beam for the time
being, and buy everything I can used.  This is just the initial
research, and figuring out what I can get/afford.  My proposed site has
berry bushes and things on it, so I have to go hack all that out before
I can do anything.  My goal is to get some sort of beam up this summer
for the fall contesting season and the big rise of the solar cycle.

Thanks again, and 73

David Jones, KK7GW
kk7gw@hotmail.com