[TowerTalk] 40/30 near 20-10 multiband - interaction?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40/30 near 20-10 multiband - interaction?
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 17:19:08 -0800
At 4:12 PM -0800 3/16/98, Pete Brunet wrote:

>If a TH11 or a F12 5BA were put on the same mast with a 402CD/30m dipole or a
>F12 EF240230 would there be detrimental interaction?  We are thinking of using
>a 15 foot mast.

A 402CD stacked above a TH7/11 is a common configuration.  Interaction is
frequently reported with separations less than ten feet, however.  The
separation should be at least ten feet, with twelve feet or more even
better.

Even if you've only got ten or eleven feet extending above the tower, you
can still manage it if you place the 402CD boom braces -below- the boom.
Bear in mind, however, that bracing the boom from below is NOT as strong as
bracing it from above and you may want to consider other boom strengthening
mods to make up the difference.

Finally, if you are putting a 402CD at the tippy top of a 15 foot mast, you
need to ensure that the mast is strong enough to handle the considerable
load that will be placed on it.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/