[TowerTalk] one antenna 2 stations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] one antenna 2 stations
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:33:36
At 06:15 PM 3/24/98 -0500, Bruce Makas wrote:
>If I have one rotating antenna that I want to use on two seperate stations,
>I know how to switch the RF but how do I handle the rotating of the beam?
>Can I simply use two HyGain controls in parallel for the T2X? or is there
>another way?
>
>73,  Bruce Makas, K1MY

I used to do this but I had two four-pole, double-throw switches that I
used to switch between the two TailTwister control heads.

One of the tricks to this setup is to short pin three of both control units
together. If you do this, both indicators will show the current beam
heading as long as you have both units plugged into the AC outlet.
Apparently the HyGain rotators use the AC ground as part of their return
circuitry. It works and is handy if you have two stations that need to know
the direction a stack is pointed.

We used this setup for years in New York. The only problem is finding good
switches to switch between the control units.

73, Richard

K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na