[TowerTalk] Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25
From: k9cw@prairienet.org (Andrew B. White)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 22:04:43 -0600 (CST)
Rick,

In 1991 I moved out to the country and moved my 48 feet of Rohn 25 tower
with me.  I also wanted a fold-over tower, so I called to ask about the
fold-over kit.  At that time, it was about $1300 plus shipping!  Instead,
I bought a new 68 foot Rphn 25 fold-over tower for not alot more, and
shipping was included.

I helped my dad put up a 58 foot Rohn 25 fold-over tower in 1966.  The
total cost new was under $500...  And it is still standing there, but the
trees grew up behind it so it hasn't been tipped over in more than 15 years.

73, Drew

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Rick Bullon wrote:

>  Now I have a few more questions ( yes I'm going to get something in the
> air soon). If I still want to fold this over I see that the only way to
> go is a Rohn foldover kit, I think Rohn made a kit to convert a regular
> Rohn tower to a Rohn foldover tower. I can't find any info on this piece
> of equiptment. anyone know if it is still available and the cost?

|    Andrew B. White  K9CW    |    internet: k9cw@prairienet.org    |
|    ABW Associates, Ltd.     |   phone/fax: 217-643-7327           |