[TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor disassembly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor disassembly
From: seay@alaska.net (Del Seay)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 06:40:00 -0900
The nice thing about the CDE type of rotators, such as
the HAM-IV, is that they are straight forward and you
should not be afraid to open them up. The worse thing that
can happen is the ball bearings end up rolling around under
the bench. (They are standard size and if you lose some,
they are easily replaced.)

Up here, no rotators go on the tower before they are opened, the
factory grease washed out and a low temp lubricant spread
liberally through the bearing surfaces.

When you put them back together, the detent in the housing for the
direction indicator, is a little tricky, but no hill for a climber.
Go for it. (Even a turtle has to stick his neck out to get anywhere!)

de KL7HF