[TowerTalk] Slump testing?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Slump testing?
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (w2xx@cloud9.net)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:14:05 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Pat:

Excellent suggestions...thanks for the explanation and method
for slump testing.  As I recall, the pumping contractor
specified a 5 inch slump...I think stiffer than that will
muck up his pumping apparatus.  5 inches looks like it
should be acceptable from your numbers as well.

Basically, there won't be much working the material.  It will
be dumped into the pumping hopper and blasted 300 feet to the
site.  They say than shoot a yard of concrete through the pipe
in about 2 minutes!  The biggest problem will be setting up
and disassembling the apparatus for 4 different holes before the
concrete in the truck dries up :-)

73, J.P.

J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."