[TowerTalk] screw anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] screw anchors
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:51:51 -0600
On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:31:33 -0500 John Hettish <jhettish@United.Net>
writes:
>Hello,
>snip<
>the tower had fallen.
>
>        One of our anchors was a four foot long Rohn Earth Screw
>anchor.  I had twisted it in to about a depth of about two feet
>mistakenly thinking that that was enough.  It should have been sunken
>to about three or four inches from the eye to be really effective.  It
took a 60 mph
>wind to bring it down but down it did come.

>snip<

>John Hettish K4WJZ

I use screw anchors on all 7 of my towers.  For the tall ones, I use
TWO anchors for each leg, the first anchor is spaced 60 ft and takes
the guys at 30 and 60 ft.  The outer anchor takes the upper guys.
I like the additional safety factor  in redundancy.

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]