[TowerTalk] Now What?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Now What?
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 03:36:37 +0000
I have read the many posts regarding "to pour or not to pour?"
I know have questions about my origional Idea.
Being a renter and a Ham I am a bit challenged.
 I am planning a tower install sometime this year, and have been doing lots
of reading and asking questions. Up to this point my thought was to just
dig a great big hole and fill it with concrete and hope like hell the
Landlords did not find out how deep it was.
Then the thought of moving has crossed my mind, now comes the NOW WHAT?
I was thinking of something freestading to avoid the guy wires, and would
like to get something 60-70 feet with the hopes of stacking a pair of
tribanders, maybe 40/70. However If a guy was to use some of the before
mentioned methods would it still be structurally sound enought not to
crumble and kill a inocent kid . The Idea of a 4-5 foot hole with the tower
stuck in then 1 1/2 inch rock covering sounds nice.
Will it handle the load of say 70 feet of Rohn 25?
Or maybe Rohn 45 should be used?
Could I get buy with a house bracket at about 15 feet and 1 set of guys for
a pair of tribanders? (most likely one fixed and top rotatable)
I see a plus to this as worst case I might destroy one section of tower and
only loose a couple hundred bucks, instead of all the material and concrete
which is much more expensive.
Ok enough babbling...what to do, what to do???

Again the dumb kid returns!
Mike...NO6X (recently dba Z38X & Z38/NO6X)

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x