[TowerTalk] BP filters against power line noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BP filters against power line noise
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:04:51 -0400 (EDT)
At 10:02 PM 5/12/98 -0500, Mark Brown <kb0pyo@rconnect.com> wrote:
>Hi All
>     My recent email to the fcc regarding power line noise
>was "we do not regulate power companies". In other words
>don't bother me I don't care. If you live in Minnesota &
>problems with NSP & live outstate good luck! I gave them the
>actual pole number over a year ago & it's still not fixed,
>next step is the rifle & get rid of the offending insulator
>(I can see the arc when its dark!)
>     Mark

Thats true about not regulating power companies but per the Atlanta FCC
Field Operations branch (FOB) they work closely with [power companies and
cable companies) them to eliminate harmful interference.  But the FOB wants
us to work with the power company first and again please don;t take no from
an overworked district engineer...go to the regional or home office.

Dave K4JRB