[TowerTalk] C4S and TH6

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C4S and TH6
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 19:12:58 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-17 17:08:15 EDT, ATanner283@aol.com writes:

> I have a Hygain TH6 on a 60 foot Rohn foldover. I won a Force 12 C4s at
>  hamvention. My question is: Is the C4s a better ant than the TH6. I knoow
> the
>  boom is shorter but dont REALLY know much about the performance. I have
been
>  more than satisfied with the Hygain antenna and hygain service. Opinions??

    Jeez, what a lucky guy! I'll give you a hundred bucks for it no questions
asked. I'll pay shipping too.

    The TH6 is a good long boom tribander and the C-4 is a good short boom
tribander+ with 12, 17 and 40M capability.

     Your TH6 is probably 15-20 years old by now and at the end of its useful
service life. You get 3 more bands with the C-4 which isn't a bad deal right
there.

     The PEAK gain figures from our tribander comparison test show that the
TH-7 (same antenna/boomlength as TH-6) has 3.3 dBd on 20, 5.7 dBd on 15 and
3.4 dBd on 10M. The C-3 has 4.1 dBd on 20M, 5.7 on 15 and 3.0 on 10M. It
doesn't look like you're giving any performance away.

      The full test results should be available in June.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC