[TowerTalk] FVR Spitfire Answers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FVR Spitfire Answers
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 12:09:18 EDT
Many of you were present at the presentation I made last Friday at the
Dayton HamVention, describing the new three element vertical parasitic
array in use at K1VR.  Designed by W1FV and built by the two of us, it
uses the shunt-fed tower as the driven element, with half-wave
reflector/directors, reversible.

During the presentation and afterward, some questions popped up.  For
those of you who just can't wait for the published article, W1FV has
provided the following answers to the questions that I was able to
remember.  They are probably better answers than those I provided.

Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu