[TowerTalk] Raising mast?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Raising mast?
From: tao@skypoint.com (Tod Olson)
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 09:58:30 -0500
<snip>
>the upper pulley is some distance horiz. from the center line
>vert. of the mast, then the further the mast gets pulled up, the
greater
>the horiz sidewise pressure on it, it seems.

I have installed an eyelet bolt facing downward in the top plate
of the tower. I replaced one of the thrust bearing bolts with the
eyelet bolt. This places the connection point for the block about
3 inches off the Thrust bearing axis. I use a specially made
clamp on the bottom of the mast which allows the line to attach
about 3 inches off the mid-line of the mast. I have not noticed
the binding problem that K4VUD has noticed.

Tod, K0TO