[TowerTalk] MFJ 259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ 259
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 03:13:55 +0000
> Has anyone tested this new
>one for calibration and accuracy and what was the test procedure?

I am also curious of this. A good friend of mine bought one of the MFJ259's
and when the UPS guy showed up with it we played with it for a few hours,
and ended up calling MFJ and questioning their QC as well as their
engineering.
The major problem:
It was reading erroniously, so we hooked it to a dummy load. Kinda funny
the dummy load was showing 100 ohms on the meter and flat SWR.
How can that be?
It ended up going back to where it was bought from at the advice of MFJ.
So please someone run this thing through some serious paces and please try
the dummy load things, maybe we are just idiots and a 50 ohm dummy load is
supposed to show 100 ohms???
Mike...NO6X