[TowerTalk] MFJ 259

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ 259
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:17:18 +0100
K7LXC wrote:

>In a message dated 98-06-24 10:27:56 EDT, Brooks90@aol.com writes:
>
>> Hi, ref several postings, I'm somewhat a skeptic about MFJ, given practical
>>  experience and some various past posts here on TT.  Has anyone tested this
>> new
>>  one for calibration and accuracy and what was the test procedure?
>
>     As far as I know, NO ONE has tested any of the antenna analyzers for for
>accuracy, etc. Maybe the ARL lab will take this one on.

I'm expecting one of the first AEA Complex Impedance Analyzers in Europe
to arrive next Monday for review for RadCom (RSGB). The work will be
shared with GM4ZNX, who will be testing its accuracy by kind permission
of his employers - Hewlett-Packard.

>Look for a report in a
>year or so.

Look for a report in RadCom in about *three months*

(Regretfully we will not be able to provide ANY advance information
until the report has been published in the magazine - sorry, not even to
friends, so please don't ask.)

At the moment we have no plans to review the MFJ-259B, but... who knows?

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek