[TowerTalk] RE: K8DX Tower Collapse--Conv. wisdom ain't so!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: K8DX Tower Collapse--Conv. wisdom ain't so!
From: k3gp@bigfoot.com (George K3GP)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 20:11:23 -0400
Rick's point is well taken. I submit that once guy wires are broken, all
bets are off regarding "convention wisdom". From what I could see on the
ground at Scott's (K8DX) location, it appeared that no guy wires had
broken - but until all of the downed trees are cleared, I cannot even be
absolutely sure of that.

My condolences to both Rick and Scott for their losses - it is heartbreaking
to see so many dollars and man-hours of effort destroyed in just a few
moments.

Amateur Radio Station K3GP - P.O. Box 343 - Louisville, Ohio 44641
      Station Location - Alliance, Ohio - Grid Square EN90kv
         Amateur Radio Home Page: http://www.qsl.net/k3gp
  Vegetarian - An old Indian word meaning "I don't hunt so good"