[TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk Digest V1 #840 (Contacting Force 12)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Tower Talk Digest V1 #840 (Contacting Force 12)
From: wd3q@erols.com (Jennifer Gruber/Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:24:48 -0400
I too, had trouble connecting with Tom Schiller.  I had trouble
assembling a C3-SS antenna, and wanted to speak to him about it.

But unlike the two correspondents below, I *listened* to the
advice of the woman who answered the Force 12 telephone.

I sent Tom a detailed fax explaining my situation and asking
specific and clearly written questions.

And what happened?

I received an equally clearly written response that answered all
of my questions within hours.

That I faxed my questions instead of speaking to Tom about them
turned out to be a major plus. I was able to distill my 'issues'
far more clearly than if I had spoken with Tom on the phone.

It was a different way of doing business, but the turnaround and
response was great!
I'm very satisfied with the results.

73, Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC
wd3q@erols.com

At 23:46 7/25/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Tower Talk Digest       Saturday, July 25 1998       Volume 01
: Number 840

[snip]