[TowerTalk] Lining up Antenna Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lining up Antenna Elements
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 11:41:15 -0600
I have a 2 inch mast stuck in the ground which I use for antenna
assembly.
(A piece of old TV mast tubing 2" in diameter is used as the "drill" to
pull
out the dirt, several inches at a time, then insert a heavier 2 inch
mast).
Check alignment with a level.

After attaching the boom, the elements are leveled using a level sitting
on a piece of angle aluminum which has two pieces of 1 X  4  nailed
at each end to hold the level above mounting and/or matching hardware.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Mon, 08 Jun 1998 21:28:11 -0500 Larry Burke <lburke@wt.net> writes:

>I've assembled a lot of yagis, but always seem to run into the problem
>of
>getting the elements to line up with each other in a horizontal plane
>parallel with the ground. I'm about to assemble several more. Any
>tricks of
>the trade out there for getting this right the first time?
>

>Larry WI5A
>Friendswood, TX
>

>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]