[TowerTalk] Concrete base dimensions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Concrete base dimensions
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 09:25:50 -0700
At 7:20 AM -0700 7/26/98, N3XVY wrote:

>Hello to all,
>Name here is Bob & call sign is N3XVY.
>I am about to put up a tower. Only 3 or 4 sections with a hinged base. The
>base plate is 24"x24" with  eight - 1/2" mounting holes drilled around the
>perimeter. I intend to use 1/2" threaded rod with a bend imbedded into
>concrete.
>My question is: What should the dimensions of the concrete base support be
>and will guy wires be needed?

Lots of questions to ask first:

What kind of tower?  Material?  Dimensions?  Section length?
What is going on it?  Wind loading?  Boom lengths?  Mast length?  Rotor?
Where do you live?  County wind specs?
What is the lot geography?  Dimensions?  Soil type?

Lotsa questions. . . . .

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/