[TowerTalk] Power Line Proximity and another question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Power Line Proximity and another question
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (w8ji.tom)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 12:13:47 -0400
> 2. I did see one home on 3 acres that was of some interest, but has a
> high-tension power line tower behind it, which is within 1/4 mile. Not
> having ever experienced the results of a situation like this personally,
> and not having had any way to check it out while I was there, what might
> the onions by of those of you who have first hand knowledge of what might
> be expected relative to noise issues?

I've learned over the years that even one mile is not far enough from those
nasty big power lines.

I now make it my "rule" to be located more than five miles from them.

Even if the line is "quiet" when you move in, if something goes bad it
takes an act of God to get the utility companies to service the line!

73 Tom