[TowerTalk] re: WAS unknown ( to me ) Beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re: WAS unknown ( to me ) Beam
From: baycock@hiwaay.net (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 19:46:45 -0500
 The response about the beam has been swift and rewarding. I want to thank
all of you. I will respond to the early birds, individually, but I want to
let the list know so they can stop worrying (?) about my problem (HI).

The beam is apparently a CushCraft ATB 34, the predecessor to the A4S now
in production. I had made a mistake in the identification of the trapless
element and in which was the long director and which was the reflector. I
guess I am more used to seeing more directors than reflectors. That's what
fooled me.  Without your help (and a manual) I would have pointed it
backwards (and probably complained about the lousy F/B).

BTW- Cushcraft has a download facility for their current manuals. The A4S
is much like the ATB34, and its manual will be a help. Unfortunately, there
is a part of one table missing. (the one that tells how to space the
elements for different parts of the band.) - Such is life!

I still wish the makers would see fit to mark their products- I always use
my call, why cant they do the equivalent?

Thanks to all- Bill- W4BSG

Bill Aycock   W4BSG
Jackson County, AL
EM64vr