[TowerTalk] Which Small Tribander for My Roof

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Which Small Tribander for My Roof
From: N0OEL@aol.com (N0OEL@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:00:40 EDT
The antenna that I think might fit your bill you didnt have on the
list..........the
Hygain Explorer 14.    Its only 14 feet in boom length and 31 foot longest
element with 17.5 foot turning radius.    I think its gang busters.    I top
lots of those you have listed and often the TH7!    It is narrow and has great
front to back.   Those I have recommended it to have said it was like putting
the beam up another 30 feet over their present beam when looking at the
results.    (It does especially well against the Wesibrod P51DX0)   I suggest
you take a hard look at it before you move on your beam.   Its truly a durable
antenna and a winner in wind storms too.

73
Mike
K0BUD