[TowerTalk] Which Small Tribander for My Roof

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Which Small Tribander for My Roof
From: w4zw@home.com (Jon, W4ZW)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:12:46 -0400
I've had tribanders on my roofs for many years, as well as tribanders and
monobanders on towers both here and in Europe.  Over the last few years,
I've used KLM KT-34A, TH-6, A3S, A4S, TH-7, and TH-11.  The KLM KT-34A is a
great antenna but maintenance prone.  For a roof top installation that's not
such a big order.  I routinely change my tribanders out here at my present
QTH, usually taking one down for Field Day, etc.  The TH-7 is large but also
a very good antenna.  The TH-11 is a bit too big.  My personal choice would
be the A4S.  Small, works quite well, and "aesthetically XYL approved."

I've don't have any experience with a Force 12 antenna but hear great things
about them.  I may try a C-4XL next year, but I really love my 402CD, it
works FB.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW
Casey Key Island, Florida

"A little bit of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"