[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Question (re: Safe Removal)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Question (re: Safe Removal)
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 23:19:23 -0600

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998 02:43:35 +0100 Mike <no6x@inreach.com> writes:

>Well I was just presented with an opportunity today, maybe!
>I was called by one of the local fire departments and they want me to
>make
>the 60 feet of tower on their roof disappear!
>So Me being as gracious as I am, I went to look at it.
>It appears to be Rohn 25 tower with 5 straight sections and one of the
>tapered sections on the top, not sure which one, as there are two of
>them
>available from rohn.
>OK here is the question IF I take this tower down and If I use it
>guyed
>correctly, what is the windload rating at 70MPH.
>Before anyone says look in the Rohn book, I would love to, but I
>cannot
>seem to get one, It is paid for but it won't show up! That's another
>story!
>
>Mike...NO6X

Mike,

Be  SURE  to  install  a  set  of  safety  guys between 10 and 20 ft
up on that roof mounted tower.

I know a fellow who rode a roof mounted tower down because he
ASS-U-MEd  the bottom section was securely attached to the roof.
He survived, but spent a lot of time letting several broken bones
mend.

de   Tom   N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]