[TowerTalk] Antenna Projected Areas & Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Projected Areas & Towers
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 05:03:27 -0400 (EDT)
>> and get the rest of the tower
>>manufacturers to specify their tower capability the same way Rohn does.
>
>Right... No ham designs, Rohn 45 for tribanders, Rohn 55 for
>everything else? I think an OPEN standard would be wonderful, but
>using Rohn as the standard would just perpetuate all the current
>problems.
>
>>That would be REAL progress.

I didn't say I liked the particular FREE designs they chose to publish in
their catalog for us.  I DO like the way they specify those designs and that
is all I was supporting.  They give two windloading numbers: one for flat
membered antennas that most commercial people want to see and one for round
member antennas that most hams want to see.  I think they should continue to
specify both numbers.  Their free designs, for the most part, are worthless
to most hams on HF.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com