[TowerTalk] Compact 40M Beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Compact 40M Beams
From: w7zrc@micron.net (Rod Greene)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:54:13 -0600
Can't resist any longer...  I've had a KLM KT34XA and 3 ele 40 on top of my
120' Rohn 45 since 1984 with no problems ever. They were both used when I
installed them, and I simply cleaned them up and installed sheet metal screws
through the clamps to keep the elements in line. I've never had an insulator
break or any of the straps, etc.  A good friend here also has the same
installation only lower in height up for the same amount of time with no
problems at all.  Maybe we are blessed with mild weather and low humidity
etc. and that goes a long way for antenna longevity. Now that I've said this,
they'll probably fall apart.....

YMMV,  73 Rod