[TowerTalk] Cage Antenna Construction Hints?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cage Antenna Construction Hints?
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:59:21 -0500
I've received tremendous positive feedback about the cage antenna.  I have
some ideas as to how I thought about building one, but I would be
interested in those out there who have built them before.  What
construction techniques did you follow?

I am planning to use Lexan waffers about 6" in diameter.  I plan drill
holes in the Lexan and the use some small copper tubing cut to quarter of
an inch long (a kind of bead) and place them on each side of a waffer.
Then the plan was to solder the copper "beads" in place so the waffer
doesn"t move.

Also, what has been the height of the cage antennas?  I plan to start at 50
feet and go from there...since I just have a 60 foot tower.

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net