[TowerTalk] Connecting RF Choke 40-2CD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connecting RF Choke 40-2CD
From: VE5RA@sk.sympatico.ca (Doug Renwick)
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:47:23 -0600
TOMK5RC@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 8/22/98 12:42:30 PM Central Daylight Time, K7LXC@aol.com
> writes:
>
> <<   Sure - it's my preferred method. Trying to weatherproof split coax is
>  just about impossible.
>   >>

> Used "Liquid Tape" for the first time when I put up my 402-CD. Put about 6
> coats on the split in the coax (after the choke). Looks good. We will see how
> it weathers in the intense UV of the NV mountains. (I used the white colored
> version).
>
> Tom, K5RC/7

Also "Pliobond" works great.  Give all exposed locations several coats,
with drying inbetween and then (optional) wrap with electrical tape.

--
VE5RA                       First VE5 5BDXCC and 160M DXCC

Doug Renwick, P.O.Box 50, Clavet, SK.,  S0K 0Y0

"What good will it be for a ham if he gains all the awards,

 yet forfeits his soul?"