[TowerTalk] Houston Chronicle Article on Towers/Birds

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Houston Chronicle Article on Towers/Birds
From: lburke@wt.net (Larry Burke)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 21:52:14 -0500

Today's Houston Chronicle has an article on a 160-ft Houston Cellular tower
that has become home for a family of osprey (bird of prey that feeds on
fish; also known as a "fish hawk"). The article is complete with several
photos of a tech adjusting one of the antennas. It goes on to say that the
nest is only of only five recorded nesting pairs of osprey in the history of
Texas. Puts Houston Cellular and their tower in a favorable light with
several wildlife groups.

I bring this up as I recall a recent thread on the reflector relating to
birds and towers from the "fatality" point of view. This gives the subject a
positive spin.

If anybody wants a photocopy I can make one. Just send a #10 SASE with one
unit of postage sometime soon.

Larry Burke WI5A
408 Woodlawn Dr
Friendswood, TX 77546