[TowerTalk] MA-40 Concrete Base Help (again)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MA-40 Concrete Base Help (again)
From: Hank.Lonberg@harrisgrp.com (Hank Lonberg)
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 12:31 -0800
     Mike:

     I'm not sure what the corner bars are. I don't have the diagram or
     drawing. However it is common to use 2 layers of bars say at 12"c/c
     each direction in the bottom of the footing and also in the top.
     Sometimes the designer will make the bottom bars hook up to meet to
     top, i.e., an "U" shape ( |____| ). Sometimes the designer makes the
     top bars bend down to meet the bottom bars, i.e., and inverted "U"
     shape. I normally just use the two layers without the hooked ends. The
     "rod busters" use short pieces of bar to support the top layer.

     Does this help to intrepret the diagram?

     73

     Hank Lonberg, P.E.
     KR7X