[TowerTalk] Rohn guy anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn guy anchors
From: stan@capeonramp.com (stan)
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 10:50:11 -0400
Hello Tom,

read the fine print in the ROHN catalog... (Which many miss)
Rohn requires a asphaultic (tar) paint on all buried galvanized parts to
insulate from the corrosive soil.

My 6 each guy anchors and 2 each bases were installed to ROHN specs.
I sleep very well at night, not worrying about a poor installation.
My tower installation will last me the rest of my life.

I compacted the hole bottoms BEFORE forming up and pouring cement.

The easier way is to have you local electrical utility contractor use
the big 10" CHANCE screw in guy anchors as well as determining if your soils
will
support this method. I was quoted at 65$ per guy anchor installed. which
I think is cost effective and timely. The installation truck must have ready
access
to the area and their truck mounted hydraulic auger will screw them in.

Stan, WA1ECF   Cape Cod, MA   FN41sr