[TowerTalk] Pouring Concrete Base & Need Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pouring Concrete Base & Need Help
From: amaertz@oppd.com (MAERTZ, A REID)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 12:00:18 -0500
I went to the local rental and got a bull float, edger for four bucks
for a day.  However, I also rented a vibrator for about 25 bucks/day to
work the concrete during the pour.  Float it soon after the pour, edging
can be done a little while after that--when it'll hold the edging made.
Edging only serves as a finish--not absolutely required.  Not sure how
large your base is, but even if you don't vibrate the mix be sure to
work it with rebar or something else similar.  If you do vibrate it,
don't overdo it.

GL

Reid
W0FVR