[TowerTalk] TH6DXX Problem?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH6DXX Problem?
From: n4kg@juno.com (T A RUSSELL)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 02:15:46 -0600
Loose screws on the trap covers or in the coil assembly
may account for intermittent trap problems.  It is a good
idea to inspect every trap assembly when refurbishing
old antennas.

When I serviced an old TH3, I found two loose trap cover
screws and one loose screw at the end of one coil.

To inspect / tighten the coil screws, slide the rubber trap
end covers off the outer aluminum cover.  One end of the
aluminum cover should have a screw holding it to the
element tubing.  Remove this screw and slide the outer
aluminum cover back to expose the coil.  Tighten the
coil screws, move the aluminum cover back in place
and tighten it's self tapping screw.  Then slide the
rubber end covers back in place.  It is a good idea
to tape the end covers to prevent deterioration from
ultraviolet rays from the sun.

de  Tom  N4KG

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]