[TowerTalk] Tower Base and rebar

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Base and rebar
From: Dfmich@aol.com (Dfmich@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 22:40:14 EDT
Two questions for the assembled multitude

1. The drawing for my tower base shows the rebar cage stopping 3 in short of
the bottom of the concrete block. Any thoughts on how to provide this spacing.
I am wondering how I keep the rebar assembly in place whilst the concrete is
poured around it if the rebar doesn't sit on and get attached to the bottom of
the hole somehow.

2. I have read that you should not pour concrete from a height greater than
about 4 ft. The hole for my base is 6 ft deep so how do I address this
dilemma. I have read also that one solution is to have the concrete placed
using a pump. How does this work.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts
Dan K9EA