[TowerTalk] US Tower Shipping Times

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower Shipping Times
From: kinderh@cadvision.com (Steve Babcock)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:48:02 -0600

 Hi,

> Does anyone know how reliable the shipping dates are that US
> Tower gives you
> when you place an order for a tower?

I took delivery of a US tower HDX-589 this summer and they were actually
ahead of schedule....US towers also included in the shipment a Cushcraft
XM-240, Yeasu rotor and remote coax switch which HRO sent to them to save me
shipping cost.
As far as the trucking company goes...like anything in life YOU need to stay
on top of the delivery, ie I contacted US towers immediately, found out the
name of the trucking co. and phoned them armed with the PRO number so they
could track it....I called them EVERY DAY, and then followed the shipment to
the next truck co. that took the transfer.  The truck co. offloaded the
tower in their yard where I later picked it up.
Good luck   Steve VE6WZ.