[TowerTalk] US Tower Shipping Times

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower Shipping Times
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (Edward W. Sleight)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 14:19:21 -0400
I'm expecting a US Tower 89 footer about November 1. Talked to the
trucker who delivered the base ( who was extremely nice, and even
helped me unload it onto a cart ), and asked him if he had ever
delivered things that large and bulky. He said "sure", and that one of
the easiest ways to get it off the truck was to arrange to have a
"flat bed" car hauler just back up to his open truck, tilt the flatbed
to match his floor hieght, and then use the winch to pull it off.
Simple matter then
to drive the flatbed to the hole, tilt it and let it off.

Driver worked for CSX, and they called me the previoud day and gave me
a 30 min time period. Nice guys!

73

Ed