[TowerTalk] Side mounting 2m beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side mounting 2m beam
From: mbrown@shine1.com (Michael Brown)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 23:09:49 -0500

I aggree completely with the concept of omni-directional antennas
for packet. My comet at 65ft was great when the cluster I was
working was only 20-25 miles away. Problem with it, is they lost
(at least temporarily) the link to the other clusters, and the
nearest one now is more like 40 miles away. At times the link
is pretty good with the comet. But other times it retrys and
if I listen to the incoming signal, there is a little crackle
and pop that the beam may cure. I hope ;-)

Thanks..

73-Mike K9MI