[TowerTalk] Extended Double Zepp question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Extended Double Zepp question
From: n2cu@buffnet.net (Thomas R. Williams)
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 21:24:53 -0700
Greetings,

I was going to install EDZ's for 80 & 40m this coming week using the
dimensions described in the ARRL handbook. All seemed to be going well
until I read the July CQ article by VE3ERP. His dimensions for leg
length (598.5/f) differ from the League's (630/f) by quite a bit. Both
agree on the length of 450 ohm open wire (135/f). VE3ERP states that he
factored in allowances for end effect and velocity factor of the
horizontal legs. I'm puzzled how the two authors could be so far off on
the dimensions. Which is correct?

Thanks in advance,
Tom N2CU