[TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
From: baldwin@primenet.com (Dan Baldwin)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:58:08 -0700
I have been following the comments made earlier about driving ground rods.
Living in Arizona I had tried to drive a ground rod but gave up because
of the soil (rock & clay) conditions here. I just read comments on the
(antenna) reflector from a fellow Arizonian who also had the same problem.
I also was wondering like he did (thought it might be a dumb question)
why do ground rods have to be buried vertically ? Why can't a few
(#12 six feet) wires be layed out horizontally just a few inches down?
Since he has asked the question on that reflector I thought I would
pose the same question here. If anyone has any ideas on this I sure
would like to know.

Thanks Dan 73, KK7JZ