[n7cl@toontown.mmsi.com: Re: [TowerTalk] A Question of GAIN]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [n7cl@toontown.mmsi.com: Re: [TowerTalk] A Question of GAIN]
From: n7ml@imt.net (Mike Lamb)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 00:13:44 -0600
Eric:  I just wanted to add a little emphasis to what you said about the
sound of the stack.  When I first put my system on the air I was
astounded by the number of people that asked if  I was using a different
microphone when I made the antenna change tests because the audio was
NOTICEABLY better with the stack.  I can only surmise that there is less
selective fading and resultant distortion.  In busting piles it is also
apparent because because of propagation often I am getting through on the
first call but getting no better report than the next guy in line.

73/Mike, N7ML