[TowerTalk] "stainless steel" corrosion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "stainless steel" corrosion
From: n1rui@together.net (Jim Marciniak)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:00:50 -0400
I agree with Lee; I remember two things to look for when looking for SS -

First, good quality stainless is always non-ferrous. If a magnet sticks to
it, it ain't the good stuff.

Second, look for "Medical grade" stainless. If it's medical grade, it will
be non-ferrous, and won't corrode.

I've used SS sinks for photo processing, and the chemicals that have been in
it would corrode any but high-quality stainless - 3+ years of continuous
duty, and never a hint of corrosion.

73,

Jim  N1RUI