[TowerTalk] Dead HAM IV Ctrlr Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dead HAM IV Ctrlr Question
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 23:54:40 EDT
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

During the ARRL DX CW (multi-single) , I wired a T2X controller in series
after a HAM IV controller. I intended to use th trick of plugging both
into the same socket and, as needed, turning one off and the other on, so
that both desks could have their own controller.  This works fine for the
T2X with exact duplicate controllers for the high TH6.

At some point in the contest, something went pffffft, and the controller
went dark.  The fuse is good.  The thing is plugged into the wall.  What
should I check next?  Please tell me that it is likely to be a simple
part replacement in the controller, as I don't want to think about
swapping out the motor (altho, like you, I do have a spare).  There are
only about four parts in the controller, aren't there?  So what likely
blew up?

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]